We strive to provide as many scholarships as possible. Through generous partnerships with the following departments and organizations, we are typically able to provide one-third of the week-long participants with substantial scholarships. More detailed information will be provided during the first Alternative Break class each season, but please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com with questions at any time.
For Winter and Spring Breaks, participants pay $270 and Site Leaders pay $245. Because Summer Breaks are longer, the cost for Summer participants is $295 and Site Leaders pay $270. The fee includes all transportation, housing, meals, and a t-shirt. The program fee will be due on the second class meeting. If you choose to take the class for credit, this fee does not include tuition.
INTERESTED IN DONATING?
We also have a fledgling fund with KU Endowment. If you’re interested in helping provide scholarships for KU students to attend Alternative Breaks, check out our Donate page!
Departments with Scholarships
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Students: many receive $200 or $100 scholarships, depending on demonstrated financial need. Must apply through Alternative Breaks. Scholarship forms will be available during the first class period.
- Scholarships of $100-200 are typically made available to Engineering majors
- Students in the Honors Program: many receive substantial scholarships, must apply directly through the Honors Opportunity Fund.
- Students in the Multicultural Scholars Program: may receive substantial scholarships, must contact the Multicultural Scholars Program Director.
- Scholarship Hall Residents: most receive substantial scholarships, must apply directly through the All-Scholarship Hall Council.
- Fraternity Members: may apply through the IFC
- Some general need-based scholarships will be available through Student Senate Educational Opportunity Fund